Sales View All Departments
Hours & Contact Information
Sales: (651) 490-6600
3360 Hwy 61 N, St. Paul, MN 55110
So, you’re in the market for a new or used car. You already know what kind you want, or you’re still shopping around to figure out which model will fit your needs. You know, or have an idea of, the amount of features, interior space, and capability you want. But, have you thought about what kind of seats you want? Most vehicles come with cloth or leather, and it can be a tough decision. You want to pick the right material that will be comfortable and long-lasting. You also want it to match your taste. Here are the pros and cons of cloth and leather seats.
- They’re usually more affordable. Most cars come with cloth seats when you buy the base model or one of the lower trim levels. So, it’s no additional cost to you.
- They’re softer to the touch, and less slippery than leather seats.
- They don’t get hot in the summer or cold in the winter.
- Because they don’t get hot, they won’t burn your skin or stick to it like leather seats do in hot weather.
- They usually come in a wide variety of colors and patterns, so you can customize them to match your style.
- They don’t look or feel as luxurious as leather seats.
- When you spill something on them, you typically can’t just wipe it off. You’ll have to use some kind of cleaner to get stains out.
- They absorb odor easily, so if you spill something on them that smells bad, that smell could last a while. Or, it may never come out.
- They also hold on to dust, pollen and mildew easily, so they can aggravate your allergies.
- Their color could fade over time.
- They look and feel more luxurious than cloth seats.
- Good quality leather can also be more soft, supple and supportive.
- They are more resistant to stains, and they’re easier to clean. You can usually just wipe them clean.
- They don’t hold on to dust and allergens.
- They give your car a higher resale value.
- They usually cost extra, or they are only available on upper trim levels.
- They get very hot or cold depending on the weather.
- They ware easily, and they are more expensive to fix/maintain.
- They are slippery, and they can stick to your skin when they get hot.
- They are usually only available in a few colors.
Honda Cars For Sale in St. Paul, MN
If you still don’t know whether cloth or leather seats are right for you, just stop by our dealership here in St. Paul, MN! We have a huge selection of vehicles with both fabric options. You can test them out before making your final decision. We offer great prices on all of our new and used vehicles. And, we have a huge selection of different models and trims. You can check out our online inventory, give us a call, or come see us in person to find out what we have in stock. Every vehicle comes with free oil changes, tire rotations, a $200 loyalty bonus toward your next Buerkle vehicle*, and more. Visit buerklerewards.com for details. We’re located near Minneapolis, Inver Grove, and Blaine!
*$200 Buerkle loyalty bonus toward down payment.